Monday, May 08, 2006

I once was lost, but now I'm found...

We found Toddy this morning. In our bedroom of all places. Well, in our closet actually, but he ran under a nightstand. David yelled for me to come help him and, of course, I refused to pick him up so he did all of the work really. It was a sight I'm sure... David lying on the floor with his arm under the night stand yelling for me to block his escape. Me doing everything possible not to have to touch him. He ran from the nightstand to under the dresser and the scenario repeated. Finally, he ran into the bathroom and was "rescued". Toddy, was pretty traumatized by the whole thing, but I'm sure he's glad to be back in his little safe world with food!

I had basically given him up for dead. We've seen absolutely no sign of him since he escaped and even Jessica had stopped asking about him. I fully expected to discover his shriveled up body months from now. I had hoped he wouldn't be in our bedroom. Every night as I turned out the light and walked to the bed, I prepared myself for the possibility of stepping on him.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Ahhhhh!!!! I hate stepping on furry stuff in the dark! I'm glad you found Toddy. Guess the kids were relieved, and you too, now that you know where he was! Now to find all the little "presents" he left behind....