Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flower hour... power

Daily I see plants go in and out of bloom in my yard. Red, pink, purple, yellow, white, big, small, weird.

It has been this way since I moved in.

I am not plant-savvy at all, but I do know that I have several azalea bushes and a crepe myrtle though.

My plant-savvy mom, however, knows every type of plant in my yard and has told me all their names at least once, but I can't remember them.

Here are some pics I took today:
Flower box. Mom planted these flowers the weekend I went camping with Dale at Ginnie Springs. I still haven't written about it; sorry.





This is in the backyard in the courtyard area.



















Little white flowers. Okay, I know it's blurry, but I can't get my digital camera to act like a real one.




This is in the front yard. I have no clue what it is.










Another flower in the front yard.

I wish the camera picked up the depth of color that is really there.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

I'm not so good with the flower identifying either... But I'm pretty sure the ones your mom planted are impatiens. My dad gave me a whole flat of those along with a sack of shit once.

Hey! I have an award for you over on my blog. Come get it!