Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dude... where's my car?

Last Friday I was running late for work..... again.   

Again, despite my futile attempts to the contrary.  Drat my alien teenagers!
 

It was 7:45 am and I still had to stop by Publix.  It couldn't be put off.  

I pulled into a spot and hurried inside to get what I needed. 

As I hurried back out, I noticed a man standing right where I had parked my car.  My first thought was, "Okay, why is this guy standing right where I parked my car?"   My second thought was, "Wait, WHERE is my car?  I know I parked it there!"

I looked to the right and saw my car "parked" on the next row over.  Parked against another car.  Apparently had I left my baby in neutral and naturally it rolled downhill into another car. 

I walked over to it wondering what to do.  It was about 8:10 am and no one was around.

I went back inside Publix and headed to the first manger-type person I could find.  I told him what happened.  

Ryan immediately began helping.  He went back out with me and told me to call the Sheriff's department to report the accident.  He told me that Publix employees generally park in the same area of the parking lot (which coincidentally was NOT where my car ended up) so it may be a car belonging to one of the other businesses sharing the same complex.  But as a precaution, he said he would do a page over the system.

Turns out that the car belonged to the cashier, Sheree, who had checked me out.  IRONIC, YES??

So Ryan took over Sheree's duties so she could come outside with me to wait for the Sheriff to come and do a report.  Believe me I was impressed... totally impressed.  Publix is awesome on so many levels.

But isn't it funny how my life keeps messing with me?

No comments: