Monday, August 03, 2009

Guns, Ammo, Corn

I had this idea to post a picture of a scene I see daily.

There is a strip mall I pass daily that advertises three signs on the grass next to it.  Each sign bears a single word...."Guns," "Ammo," "Corn."  The first time I saw the signs, I knew I had to get a picture for my blog.  

But I didn't.  

I continued to pass the signs every day for a month before actually putting my digital camera in the glove box. And every day after that, I passed them without taking a picture. It was either raining or the traffic wasn't good or I was in a hurry or I just wanted to get home.  "There would always be a chance tomorrow," I told myself.

So the perfect opportunity came about yesterday.

It was Sunday and I had the time.  And I had my camera handy.  Perfect.

As I approached the strip mall, I reached into my purse to grab the camera.  I slowed down in order to pull into the parking lot, only I didn't see the signs.

They weren't there.

How could they not be there?  They have been there for months... years maybe.  Sometimes moved into different positions but there.  I couldn't get my picture.

I  blew it.

Today on my way home the signs were back.  

I don't know if I'll ever get a picture of those signs now.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

The universe is messing with your head...