Thursday, April 26, 2007

Trash talk

My house is easy to find. It's the one with the microwave in the front yard.

A couple weeks ago, my microwave died. I went to Goodwill and found a very nice one.... better actually.... for $9.99. I tested it out right there in the store and bought it. I took the old one out to the road thinking that the garbage truck would collect it. Well they won't. I am paying almost $50.00 every three months for garbage pick up but they won't take the microwave. They will pick up TVs apparently because I see tons of TVs left by the road and they disappear after a week or so. But maybe people are getting them, I don't know.

Anyway I was informed that trash pickup does not include microwaves so there it sits. At first it was by the side of the road, but now it's been rolled down the hill a little ways into my yard. No doubt by my lovely daughter.

I'm going to have to take it to the county landfill..... sometime.

1 comment:

Liane Michel said...

Follow up: Okay I know it's been 3 years and 3 months but still:

I ended up donating (taking) the microwave to Goodwill.

I know what you're thinking but it was easier. That is that.