Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Love Rollercoaster

This morning as I pulled up to Jessie's school to drop her off, the song "Love Rollercoaster," by the Ohio Players came on the radio. "Oh!," I exclaimed, "I haven't heard this song since I was 12!!"

(Actually I was 12 when it came out... I found out later it came out in 1975.)

I immediately turned up the volume and began singing and moving to the beat. I was flooded with memories from that period of my life. Funny how a song can do that.

As I neared the drop off location, I noticed Jessie staring at me with a half grin, half puzzled expression. She was staring as if she didn't recognize the person who was driving. I looked back at her with a big grin and continued my performance. As I pulled up next to the teacher who would open the door to let her out of the car, she looked at me again and, without saying a word, reached over and turned the volume down.

Then she got out of the car.

3 comments:

Sayre said...

At least she didn't shout "DON'T SING, MOMMY!!!!" like Z-boy used to do.

Sayre said...

Hellooooo??? **knocks on computer screen** Anybody home?

Sayre said...

Okay... I'm calling the funeral home. You are obviously not among the living in blogworld anymore! (Kidding!)