Monday, July 09, 2007

Feeling flushed

I really hate modern conveniences sometimes. You may recall my run in with self checkouts. Yesterday I went to the movies with my cousin Sarah. We went to see Evan Almighty, which is extremely funny by the way. Before the movie began I went to the bathroom. I always do this even if I don't have to go because I don't want to "have to go" during the movie. When I got in the stall I noticed water drops on the seat. I knew it was water and not pee because the toilets are self-flushing and each time the toilet flushes, it flushes with such power that it splashes water up onto the seat.

There is nothing I hate worse than sitting down on a wet toilet seat! It makes my underwear stick to me and just feels uncomfortable; not to mention unclean!

So I got some toilet paper, leaned over, and dried off the seat. As I stood up, undid my shorts, and proceeded to sit down, the toilet flushed sending water splashing up all over my rump and I was wetter than if I had just left well enough alone! Sometimes I really hate modern conveniences.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

And then of course, there are the times when they won't flush when you want them to, and you're standing there wagging your fanny or your hand at it trying to make it do SOMETHING!!!

Liane Michel said...

LOL, OMG that is so true! What happened to having handles? And don't get me started on toilet paper dispensers.