Monday, February 18, 2008

Earring woes

Jessica lost an earring.

She is not good with keeping up with her jewelry... or any of her stuff for that matter. She has one of every earring pair she's ever owned. And I have one of every earring pair I've ever owned, thanks to her.

Anyway, she left her new pearl earrings on my bathroom counter; so excited to wear them with her matching pearl necklace and new outfit to school. Fake pearls of course, and big.

It was Monday morning and she had waited, once again, until the last minute to shower and get ready for school.

I was stressed.

It was almost 7:30 a.m., and I needed to leave to get Jason to school. She was worried about finding that earring and wanted me to help her look.... and she wouldn't take no for answer.

I told her I didn't have time to help her look; that she had waited too long to get ready and I had to leave. If she wanted to look, that was fine. She could walk over to Rob's later, since she didn't need to be there until 8:15.

Well that didn't sit well with her and an argument ensued. I ended up leaving her at home to walk over. Before I left, however, I put the remaining earring in a safe place.

A week went by and nothing more was said about the earring.

Yesterday, while Jessie was in the shower, I took her folded clothes from the laundry into her room. As I walked through the door I noticed something on the wall ahead of me.

I put her clothes down and walked closer. It was a pearl earring, just like the one she lost, sticking out of the wall.

Out of the wall?

I looked closer and, sure enough, it was the same one she lost. I ran to my bathroom to check if the earring I put away was still there, and it was.

She found her earring at some point and stuck it into an existing nail hole in her wall... not one of her 4 jewelry boxes mind you, but the wall.

I took a picture because it was just too weird, but alas, I don't have any AA batteries at the moment, so I can't upload it until I get some.

Check back to see the pic!!

5 comments:

Sayre said...

OMG - that is hilarious! Earring stuck in the wall.... Of course, I find little men all over the house in odd places.

Liane Michel said...

Do you remember the life size Barbie-type doll Jessie had? It was about 3 feet tall, and at the time so was she.

She would leave this doll around the house... leaning against the couch or covered up laying on the couch, and I constantly had the beejeebees scared out of me as I encountered it while puttering thinking there was an intruder in the house!

Sayre said...

What? You're being invaded by dwarves now?

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more specific than elsewhere, thanks.

- Murk