Sunday, February 10, 2008

More trash talk

I love trash day.

Well, the evening before actually.

It's when people around my neighborhood put out their trash for the pick-up on Monday afternoon.

I always roll my can out on Monday morning, but I am the only one, as my neighbors have surely noted.

Anyway, the people in this subdivision throw away the best things.

Since I've been here, I've inherited
• a trash can for Jessica's room (right after she had requested one);
• 2 lawn chairs (right after I was going to buy one and learned that they cost more than $10);
• a 4-drawer plastic organizer chest on wheels (that Jessica immediately wanted to use for a dresser, but that's another story);
and, just now...
• a metal shelf perfect for storing things in the garage.
and I've seen many more things discarded that were perfectly good.

It's a matter of convenience, I know, to just throw things away. I've done it before....and still do it, and I know all this stuff should be donated to some charity.

But it's just easier to leave it with the trash.

And it's fun to find.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

If we were actually related, I'd say it was hereditary!