Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Alphabet

Okay, I'm a blogger, but not an "official" blogger because, as my son reminds me frequently, I only have two readers.

My cousin Sayre (a/k/a Sarah) is a true blogger. She writes faithfully, participates in activities with other bloggers, and has even won awards for her blog. And she does all that despite having to raise a son, raise a husband, and raise a career.

She is my hero. My blogger hero, among other things.

There have been many times I wanted to respond to my cousin's "Fun Monday" challenges but I didn't. I couldn't, because I am sporadic when it comes to blogging... as you well know. I am not dependable.

But Sayre (a/k/a Sarah) has "Alphabet Tagged" me, and I have never been tagged. I must respond.

So here is my Alphabet Tag:


Attached or single? Reattached.

Best friend? My cousin Sayre (a/k/a Sarah). I don't really have any friends. Technically she is not a "friend", she is family... but she is my best friend because she is hears me. She listens to me. She makes me remember who I am.


Cake or Pie?
Cake. Chocolate cake.

Day of Choice? Friday. Friday represents the end of the week and the end of the crap and craziness that is my week.

Essential Item? scissors.


Favorite color?
orange.

Gummy bears or worms? I would rather eat a bear than a worm.... the bears are smaller.

Hometown? Tallahassee.

Indulgence? Steak.

January or July? Both. January because I love winter over summer. July because it's the month I met Dale.

Kids? No thank you. I have enough.

Life isn't complete.... without a cat. {lmks to scrss: so true}

Marriage Date? First time: March 16, 1990, second time: 12th of never.

Number of Brothers and Sisters?
1 sister.


Oranges or Apples?
Oranges... but not orange juice.

Phobias? Heights.

Quote? One of my own: "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Reasons to Smile? Being true to myself on a daily basis; watching my children learn that they do not know more than me; and in contradiction, watching my children realize they have taught me something.


Season of Choice?
Fall.

Tag Seven People? Okay, I only know 2 people who blog.... 1) the person who tagged me, and 2) my cousin Cathy. Hey Cathy, are you out there?

Unknown Fact? I saw Ted Turner and Jane Fonda at Hooters on Christmas Day. {Okay, it's not "unknown;" actually, I called everybody I could think of at the time.}

Vegetable? This is too hard. I can't just pick one. I'll pick three: yellow squash, Lima beans, potatoes.

Worst habits? Biting nails, trying to control the lives of everyone around me.

XRay or Ultrasound? Ultrasound.

Your favorite food? Cheese.

Zodiac sign? Pisces. I am fish.

6 comments:

Sayre said...

Actually, you DO have more than two readers. Mom reads/checks in everyday. She just can't comment because you don't allow anonymous comments. She's tried to sign up for a google account with no success. If you opened up your comments section, you might find that you have a lot more readers than you thought (so there, Jason!). That's why I gave you the award. You might not write A LOT, but what you do write is priceless!

Lunch? Call me!

Anonymous said...

BTW - ORANGE? THAT's your favorite color????

Anonymous said...

Hey! You did it! That "anonymous" commenter was me. Gotta tell mom!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I have often wanted to comment, so I'm glad you have opened up a way for me to do so. I think your blog entries are great, even if they ARE rare. You really are a good writer. I don't have a blog, so I'm not doing the alphabet tag, but I can tell you that my favorite food is a butterbean sandwich on white bread! How's THAT for a low-carb diet?
Keep up the good work.
Love, Aunt Judy

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you remember me but I too read your blog. I find it quite interesting and have had a few times to comment on the things happening in your life as I have been there.

Oh and girlfriend,
"NEVER SAY NEVER" for it will surely come back to bite you in the tail feathers. I promise.

Who you ask am I?
I would be Sayre's best bud from high school.

Stephanie

cathryn said...

Hi Liane,
I'm out here in blog land. But I'm no longer blogging myself. Cathy