Sunday, April 26, 2009

My kind of yard

There is this spot in my yard, by my driveway, that I've been wanting to redo since I moved in. It was filled with some kind of plant... green plant... that wasn't ugly, but wasn't what I wanted.

So, to celebrate the first anniversary of moving in, I decided to do something about it. Last week I began pulling out the old plants in order to get it ready for FLOWERS!!

My mom came yesterday and helped me finish the pulling and then we went to Esposito's to buy Impatiens. I decided on Impatiens because my yard is mostly shady all day and will not accommodate flowers that need lots of sun (drat it all).

Here is the previous bed (click pix to see it larger):
















Here is the flower bed (yes I know it's a different angle.. just click to see it larger!):




The plants are very small right now but in time they will grow bigger and fill up the space. I love Impatiens and have them also in the flower boxes off my porch.



My mom planted Impatiens in my flower boxes last year and they were all the same color. This time, I had the idea to mix them up, which I am not sure she approves of... but hey I think they look "dashing" even though this picture doesn't show all the colors.

And Mom, you will be happy to know that I used pine bark mulch around the flowers. So much better than leaves.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I like those green things, but you're right - the flowers are going to be spectacular!!!

nikki said...

looks lovely! now come and work in my yard!