Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Jessica wanted to be a prom queen for Halloween so naturally I waited until the last minute to think about finding her a costume. We went to the dreaded Wal-Mart yesterday and looked through the already picked over costumes. There was nothing prom queen-related in her size so we settled on a vampire dress, fangs, and long black wig. The fangs came with makeup.

I spent about $30 on the costume, but she was excited so it was all good.

It was crowded in Wal-Mart and there were only three human cashiers, as usual, so against my better judgment I decided to use the self-checkout. What a disaster.

I had to call the cashier over twice to help me. First the fangs wouldn't scan, which sent the computer into lock-down mode and the cashier had to punch in a 14-digit code to clear it. Then I had to get approval from the cashier to purchase beer. Finally, on the way to the car, I glanced at the receipt and noticed I had charged myself twice for the wig, so back we went to get the extra charge refunded.

Of course by this morning Jessica did NOT want to wear the costume because it was too short. And by this afternoon, she didn't want to wear the wig because it made her head itch.

So off she went with her friends to trick or treat with just her fangs and face makeup. But at least I was able to snap this pic while she had the wig on. She looks very much like she does when she is in a bad mood. Ha ha!!

2 comments:

Sayre said...

That makeup's pretty spooky too... ZBoy had FOUR Halloween events and managed to make up 4 different costumes - 3 of them just by accessorizing!

Liane Michel said...

I did the make up... not to shabby I must say!