Thursday, October 11, 2007

One small step for mankind... one giant step for me

I now have a dryer. Yipee!!

I called up Mays-Munroe and asked if they had any dryers in my price range and the man (the owner actually) said the cheapest one he had was $299. It was an off-brand made by Whirlpool; a commercial grade dryer. He proceeded to give me way more information than I would ever have wanted to know which I liked. He knows his stuff. They have been in business since 1932.

I asked how soon it could be delivered and he said they could deliver it today.

Well that was good enough for me.

So I bought one right then and there over the phone. Bought it sight unseen.

After the delivery guy called to tell me they were on their way, I realized that I didn't even ask what color it was. I was hoping it was white, to match the washer, and it was.

I never thought I would be excited to do laundry..... and it will be nice to have a backyard that is not booby-trapped with clothesline.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Yay! Ray's a good man, and they'll take care of you if anything goes wrong with it. It's one of the best things about doing business with real people rather than a franchise or a gigantic company.

Bet you're in the garage right now...