Sunday, October 07, 2007

I NEED a dryer!

I went to look for a dryer today.

Okay, I know I have procrastinated. I know.

First I went to Home Depot. They had one, a brand made by Maytag but not called so, for $279.00. Their delivery fee was $55.00. The sales lady said there were none in stock but I could have one delivered by Wednesday.

I decided to move on and look at Lowes.

Lowes' cheapest dryer was $259.00, but was an off-brand... a Rover. The door didn't shut very easily so I was wary. They had an Amana brand dryer for $279.00 and the door shut better. They charged $59.00 for delivery and could have it delivered tomorrow.

I have cold feet, however. I pondered and pondered. But I feel like I need to check out Mays-Munroe, a family-owned business that has been around since I can remember. And they were not open today.

In the meantime, I am continuing life without a dryer. I got my clothes out on the line today even though there wasn't much sun and it was humid.

Later, as I was sitting on the couch, I heard rain... it came out of nowhere!

"DAMN," I yelled. I jumped up and started running around like a mad woman.

"Jason, QUICK!, help me get the clothes..." I ran to the car to get my umbrella. I couldn't find it. I opened every door on the Jeep and looked all over the garage before I found it.... in the Jeep.

This has happened too many times now. WHY!!

We got the clothes in, but they were damp. And Jason was complaining the entire time because apparently he will melt if he gets wet.

As soon as we brought the clothes in, it stopped raining.

I NEED a dryer!!

2 comments:

Sayre said...

You should string a line up in your garage. I have my clothes line on the back porch. Then, even if it rains, the clothes don't get sopping wet again.

But a dryer is worth having.... Have you tried a used appliance place or the newspaper? Or possibly Goodwill? We nearly gave the washer that came with the house to Goodwill, until T's boyfriend took it.

One word of advice. Don't get a dryer with a door that opens down like an oven. What a pain in the a$$.

Liane Michel said...

Thanks for the advice. I am gonna check out used dryers tomorrow. And as far as using the garage, it would take some work to be able to string a clothes line in there... which is why I haven't yet... but, I WILL prevail... I will get a dryer!