Friday, April 28, 2006

What will they steal next?

This morning I stopped by Publix on my way to work. As I pulled into my parking space, I noticed one of those child's shopping carts parked in the middle of the handicapped space next to mine. You know the kind, it looks like a truck with the shopping basket on the back. Little kids can sit in the truck part and pretend they're driving. The truck cart had obviously been left there overnight because it was covered with dew. Anway, as I was pulling in, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be funny if it had been vandalized?"—the way you might expect a car left overnight in a strange parking lot could be.

Sure enough, as I got out of my car, I noticed that both the front wheels were missing their "hub cap" stickers!

2 comments:

Sayre said...

I hate those things... driving them around the store is like driving a semi on a go-kart track. Unfortunately, even at 7, Zach loves those carts. Try lifting 70 lbs into the tiny seats of one of them!

Liane Michel said...

Hey, I still have arguments with Jessica about why she can't ride in the seats of the regular shopping carts!