Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Birthday girl

Jessie turned 13 yesterday. She's finally a TEEN!! Well technically she's been a teen since she turned 10 but now the sound of teen is in her age.

We celebrated this past Saturday. She had two friends come over for a sleepover. They played music and made up dance routines all day. It really brought back memories of when Laurie and I used to make up dance routines and cheers.

Her bootie included...

Two Webkins animals (a dog and an elephant)... Webkins is apparently the new Beanie Baby. For a mere $14.00 you get a stuffed Beanie Baby-like creature but the difference is that you adopt the creature and can go to the Webkins website and play games, etc., online.

It was funny because I knew she wanted a Webkin very badly, so I went to Blue Abaco to buy her one. They did the gift wrapping very nicely in a white bag with pink and white tissue paper. But the bag had their name and logo on it and I knew if she saw the "Blue Abaco" logo she would immediately know what was in the bag. She was the one who told me that Webkins were sold there.

So, being the crafty person that I am, I taped an index card with her name written on it over the Blue Abaco logo. She would never know now!!

Then her friend Morgan arrived with the EXACT same bag!!! And the sticker was showing!! God, I thought to myself, she's gonna know for sure now. I mean the bag was identical... same tissue paper and all. However, Jessie must have been too excited to notice, because she never picked up on it. While she was opening Morgan's bag, I was praying that it wasn't the same Webkin!!

She also received...

Some clothes from Grandma Jill that look fabulous on her. One such item is a black skirt that swishes and sways when she walks. It's scary to see my daughter with hips, I tell you.

Gift cards to Claire's and Justice for Girls from dad.

A CD of Hannah Montana, the latest in tween music. Actually she's very good. She is the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, if you remember him.... Achy Breaky Heart.

A Nintendo DS and game called Nintendo Dogs. Actually she is buying the Nintendo DS with money from her grandparents, but I went ahead and bought it for her in advance so she would have something to play the game on.

She had a very good birthday I think. Here are some pics.





1 comment:

Sayre said...

Happy Birthday, Jessie!!!! And I can see what you mean, Mama....