Friday, September 21, 2007

Leaning to drive

Today, on my way to work, as I was sitting at a traffic light staring vaguely ahead and singing to my CD, I noticed a car coming from the opposite direction making a u-turn. The car was white. An older model car, big like a Cadillac, and it was leaning very much towards the passenger's side.

It was so lopsided that I thought the car would surely flip over. But it didn't. It looked like someone had jacked up the driver's side so that it towered above the passenger side.

And after the driver completed the u-turn, the car stayed that way. I thought it must have had a whole lot of weight on the passenger side to keep it down like that.

It really looked odd.

The light turned green and as I passed the car, I looked over and noticed that there was a VERY large woman holding a baby in the passenger seat.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

When we inherited the little blue truck from Dad, it listed slightly to the driver's side. I had to put pillows in the seat so I could see over the dashboard. Since they slid around so much, Darling Man took over the truck and I drove his car...