Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Curves

I've really been enjoying going to my new Curves location. Everything is better than the previous one: bigger space, better hours, more equipment, use of hand weights, free pilates classes to members, incentives like t-shirts, etc. And one of the employees will come sit in the middle of the room and read or talk to us while we are exercising which makes it go by so much quicker! It's just all the way around better!

I noticed that they didn't take out my debit payment for January when I transferred so I inquired and was told the payment would come out February 9. So I waited. As of last Friday the debit still had not been made so I called to ask about it and was told to call back Monday between 8-10 am to talk with Denise (the owner).

So I called Monday and was told that Denise had not come in yet but someone would be back in touch by the end of the day. When I went to work out yesterday I found out that Denise had died.. DIED!! I had never seen or met her but it was shocking nonetheless. She was only 45.

I don't know what's going to happen to this location now. Her husband does the books but might not want to continue the business. I hope he does though because it's really a nice place.

I still don't know when they will take the debit out though.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Oh, wow! I hope they don't close down on you. I bet they just find someone to buy the franchise. Why did Denise die?

I used to go to a muscle-head gym here and one of the guys that worked out there died of a heart attack at age 24. I overheard one of the guy nurses that go there talking about it and how awful it was, then went on to how cut the guy was at 4% body fat. Hello? Why do you think the guy's heart gave out??? You can be cut for a contest, but you don't LIVE that way!!!! I quit the gym shortly thereafter.