Friday, August 17, 2007

Awakening

I've just discovered the music of Stone Temple Pilots.

OMG, where have I been all my life? I LOVE their music. Yes, I have heard of them... heard of them for years, but I have never heard them. They are AWESOME!

Actually I have always loved their hit "Interstate Love Song," but up until tonight, I thought it was by Hootie and the Blowfish.

I am so out of it.

I have always listened to mainstream music.... you know, the music played on the radio. I do own some CDs but not very many. And I would be ashamed to tell you what I do own because, apparently, boy bands are not cool anymore.

Lately, however, with the help of my friend Dale, I am discovering new music. Different music. Not the songs I hear daily on Star 98... the 10 songs of the 80s, 90s, and today. Not the same "classic" rock I hear over and over and over and OVER like a broken record. But music by bands like Ester Drang and blues.

I know, I know.... there's no excuse for not having heard blues... well I have heard some, but hey, I told you I am out of it.

So I feel like I've missed out on half my life. No, wait.... I feel like I am discovering the second half of my life!

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Ah... Stone Temple Pilots. Darling Man introduced me to them back when we started dating. And REM. And Crash Test Dummies. But then he's always had interesting tastes in music.