Thursday, August 23, 2007

Silent alarm

Throughout the night I would wake up wondering if Jason's alarm clock had gone off and if he was up early. I didn't know what time he had set it for, but figured he'd set it for 5:00 or 5:30 a.m.

When I got up at 6:15, he was still asleep and the alarm clock was silent. I proceeded with my routine of turning on his light and telling him it was time to get up. At 6:30 he was still in bed. At 6:45 he was still in bed, but got up when I told him that this was the third and final time I would tell him.

As I was getting ready for my shower, he came in my room and sat down on the bed. I told him that I wanted him to put the clock back in the box because I was going to return it.

"Why?", he asked.

"Because it doesn't work", I said.

I had bought both the kids the cheapest ones Target had (less than $5.00 each) and Jessica's had not gone off either.

"Yes it does", he replied.

"Well, then why didn't it go off this morning?"

"It did", he said with a grin, "but I wanted to sleep some more, so I turned it off."

I just laughed at him and went into the bathroom.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Z's got two in his room. And that doesn't always work either.