Tuesday, August 28, 2007

smites, and nubes, and imps, oh my

I am sitting on the couch surfing the internet and Jason is sitting on the other end of the couch playing Runescape while talking on the phone to his friend Justin, who is also playing.

Runescape is an interactive online game where you are a character and can interact with other characters (people) in real time. I don't really understand the concept, but apparently you go to different "worlds" and fight people, or go on quests, or work for money. It is very popular with his friends and I am constantly having to remind him to get off of it and notice that there is a real world outside.

There is a lot of terminololgy associated with this game and to over hear him talking about what he's doing or going to do is like listening to him talk in a foreign language.

So I am sitting here surfing and cracking up at what I am hearing:

"Dude, there's an imp at the bank."

"I'm about to go get dragon boots."

"I'm gonna take my CV brace off because I am going PK'ing."

"Dude, I just got poned."

"Go into smites and nubes and get their DVS's."

"He's owking and he has obbey kabe."

I just asked him what "owking" meant and he replied that it was for "formage."

I will not bother to ask him what "formage" means.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

At least you can still communicate... after a fashion.

It DOES sound like a different language!