Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am not an alarm clock

This morning Jason complained to me that "I" need to wake him up earlier..... that he doesn't have enough time to "wake up" before he has to get ready for school.

I looked at him in disbelief.

Every morning at 6:15 (when I get up), I walk into his room, turn on his light, and tell him it's time to get up. He promptly grunts and turns over.

At 6:30, I go back to his room and prod him until he gets up. I practically have to drag him out of the bed and he is taller than me now.

So I am sitting on the couch this morning, looking at him in disbelief, and trying to realize how, somehow, it is my fault that he won't get up earlier?

He said he wanted to get up at 5:00 or 5:30 a.m.

I told him I would buy him an alarm clock and he could get up at a time he felt appropriate. So I did this afternoon.

We'll see what happens in the morning.

On another note....

The other day I asked Jessica to get the towels off the clothes line, fold them, and put them away. When she put them into the linen closet, she just crammed them in however they would fit.... and not on the same shelf either.

Towels were crammed everywhere.

I noticed, of course, and being the compulsive person I am (need to have order), I told her she should not have done that; that she should have put them in nice and orderly. Otherwise what's the point of FOLDING them?

Just now, she opened the linen closet to get a towel and she asked me why the towels were crammed in there.

I feel like I just can't win.

2 comments:

Sayre said...

Ack! My life! My life!!! (I can SO feel your pain)

Liane Michel said...

yes it's like an after shock right???
just kidding