Thursday, August 16, 2007

Retard

The kids have been at each other's throats all summer. She in his business. He in hers. It's constant and it's driving me insane. Believe me, it's been a LONG summer.

Yesterday I asked Jessie to empty the dishwasher. Called her from the car on my way home from work. "Hey, I need you to empty the dishwasher and let me talk to Jason...... Jason, I need you to load the dishwasher after Jessie empties it."

"Do it before I get home please." "Okay," he says, but not without complaint.

I get home and no dishes have been loaded. I yell out for Jason. He finally comes to load, but not without more complaint. Apparently, he can't rinse and load dishes barefoot; it makes him itch. So I told him to put his shoes on. He did and promptly began whining about why no one ever rinses their dishes. He accused Jessie of messing up every dish in the house in anticipation of him having to load. Then he asked me if we could each have our own set of silverware that we each wash.

I am listening to this as I am sweeping.

In the meantime, Jessie could no longer resist the urge to get in his business. She told him to stop his complaining while pointing out everything he was doing wrong. Then she left the kitchen and came back with every stray glass and dish she could find; grinning from ear to ear.

I told her if she didn't stop, she would be loading the dishwasher. She went straight to the refrigerator and began arranging the plastic magnet letters. This is what I found later on.

1 comment:

Sayre said...

Most days, I'm glad I've only got one. But he does enough kvetching for two...