Thursday, January 04, 2007

Change is good

Jan 4
Today was a really good day. The kids got off to school with no major problems. Jessica was apprehensive about starting her new school and became even more so when she realized the kids were in the cafeteria instead of the playground because of the rainy weather. She quickly forgot about me though after she saw her friends Jessica and Sierra. Jason ended up walking to school in drizzling rain — a mile one way. I offered to drive him after I dropped Jessica off but when I returned to the house he was already gone. I caught up to him when he was almost at the school and offered him a ride but he refused. The kids’ schools are each about one mile from our house but each in a different direction.

The commute to work is about 17 miles. Only 2 more than my previous commute but it took me 45 minutes! Granted I left later than I usually will, but it was a long ride! I need to experiment with different routes. Unfortunately there are a lot of people living/commuting on this side of town and traffic is heavy all the time.

I had two pieces of good news today. First, I found out that my car rental reimbursement for a training I went to last October was never paid to me so I’ll be getting that in the next week or so. Second, my cousin Sarah has graciously agreed to adopt our two youngest cats, Tottie (named after a soccer player) and Misha. They are sisters and have never been separated. I call them the “twins” although they look nothing alike. I can’t take all our cats (we have 4) to this house and David won’t take any, so I have to find homes for them. I truly do not want to have to take them to the pound. It kills me to even think about it. I am so happy about this. Again, Sarah has been a lifesaver!

I have been invited to a passion party next Friday. It’s like one of those in-home sales deals (like Tupperware only much better!) where you look at the merchandise and you can order stuff. Only the merchandise is sex-related. I’m a little nervous about going but I think it will be fun and totally outside the “box” for me. I’ll go if I can get a sitter for the kids but I don’t plan on buying anything.

On the way home from work, I went by to see the Curves nearest to my house. I have to switch places since my old Curves location is too far away now. This Curves is totally awesome! They have more machines, more goodies, and they will be offering a beginning pilates class, free for members, in the next month or so.

When I got home, the kids gave me glowing reports about their schools. That, and a confession from Jessica that she had gotten mad with Jason and felt it necessary to take his Axe deodorant spray and spray half the doors in the house with it. It stunk in here for quite a while! When they weren't fighting with each other, they were VERY talkative, especially Jason. I just listened to them tell me all about their day and their teachers. It was so nice. It is encouraging to see Jason open up. He usually stays so closed off from everything. I’m hoping this is the new trend for him and not a fluke!

So far change is good.

No comments: