Thursday, January 18, 2007

Passion party

Last Friday I went to a Passion Party. I had never heard this kind of party before but a woman I work with had been to one and was now having one of her own. They are like Tupperware parties except the "tupperware" is sex toys, lotions, etc. I was apprehensive about accepting the invitation at first because of the nature of merchandise, but I told her I'd think about it. And the more I thought about it, the better I liked the idea. I couldn't buy anything, of course, because I'm broke and told her that, but she said, well come anyway and have a good time. I decided that I needed to go and have a good time. I needed to step outside my box and do something different. Meet new people. After all, it's part of why I'm changing my life. So I accepted.

So I arranged to drop the kids off with David for a couple hours and went to the party. A few other women from work also went so I knew people. I'm very shy and it's hard for me to just show up at a party where I don't know anyone. Everyone was very nice though and I ended up seeing a woman I knew from soccer. Her daughter had played on Jason's team when he played rec soccer. We sat next to each other and talked. I ended up telling her that I had just separated from David and she told me she had gotten divorced last year. I was shocked. She and her husband seemed like they had the perfect marriage, perfect life. It just goes to show me that you can't EVER assume anything. Anway, she gave me her number and we are going to get together to talk. It's SO nice to have a resource... and a friend who knows what I'm going through.

Jessica, the passion party lady, was running late; however, there was another lady there (another party rep) who put out her merchandise on a table so we could look at it while we were waiting. I wanted to go and look at it SO bad but I was embarrassed. I could tell the other woman were also, so I creeped over to the table, beer in hand (I ended up having 2 beers and 2 wine coolers, and I don't drink at all!) and began looking at the non sexual merchandise... lotions, candles, etc. But there were dildos on the table at the other end. I couldn't resist the urge so I went to the end of the table for a closer look. Couldn't pick one up though.

Eventually Jessica showed up and the party got underway. We had to wear name tags with sexual adjectives thought up by other partiers. My name was Luscious Liane. There was also Kinky Kerri, and Horny Holly among the many. It was fun to think up the names... a great ice breaker! Then she began explaining the merchandise and passing it around for everyone to see up close. Some items we got to put on, like phermones, lotions, and edible pens, etc. Eventually she got around to the toys... many different kinds of items I won't describe. Let's just say it was very interesting!

After her part of the party was over, we went out into the garage where there was music and a pool table and talked. I left at about 9:30 and went to pick up the kids. It was a fun time and I'm really glad I went. Oh, and I did buy something but I'm not saying what!!

2 comments:

Sayre said...

Uh-oh - looks like you got spammed!

So, was it tough to write this??? Or was it easier than you thought it would be?

This is all about who you are now - no, not the passion party stuff, but trying new things and meeting new people. You've been wanting to do that for a long time. I'm so glad you're seizing the opportunity!

...and a passion party sounds like much more fun than tupperware!

Liane Michel said...

Yes, it was rather easy to write actually! I had a blast and I'm proud of myself for going. Yes, I was wondering about that first comment.. whether it was spam!